Gratins are perhaps the best filling dinner bakes of the Euro cuisine. They don’t take much skill to bake and like Fritata’s can accommodate mostly anything as filling.
The key part is to get the @[D55137] in right quantity. Once you get a hang of gratins, this will be the major dish you turn to whenever you have an impromptu guest.
- Prepare the Bechamel sauce as per the recipe. This is for 3 servings.
- Parallelly steam the vegetables with some salt, Oregano or Thyme and pepper till they are slightly soft. Keep some salt and pepper aside for steaming the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Steam the Boneless Chicken separately with some salt and pepper. Dont add water to this. The meat has water in it. They key part here is not to over cook the meat. If you are doing this in a pressure cooker, steam it for 2 whistles.
- In a gratin dish or a deep ceramic bowl(like the picture you see) that can withstand oven temperatures, spread the vegetables and Boneless Chicken evenly.
- Pour the Bechamel Sauce even and fill the dish
- Over the dish scrape the cheese. If you have slices of cheese, make small pieces and spread over.
- Bake this in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Occasionally check if the cheese is turning golden. When the cheese turns golden stop the oven let it stay there for another 2 minutes.
- Take out, let it cool for some more time and serve.
- Happy family dinner.