Must try for chocolate lovers ðŸ™‚ Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. The cake batter can be prepared several hours ahead of time and refrigerated. Recipe adapted from marthastewart.com.
Chocolate Bitter Sweet
All purpose Flour
Grease the tin
Vanilla Ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 200Â°C.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or microwave. Keep aside to come to room temperature.
- Grease 6 individual ramekins or 6 cups of a standard muffin tin with butter. Dust with granulated sugar and tap out excess. Set aside.
- Use stand mixture or hand blender to mix together butter and granulated sugar. Cream it together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour and salt until just combined.
- Beat in chocolate until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared ramekins or muffin cups.
- Bake just until tops of the cakes no longer jiggle when the pan is lightly shaken. It takes around 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes.
- To serve, turn out cakes, and place on serving plates, bottom sides up.
- Dust with confectioners sugar, and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- The cake batter can be prepared several hours ahead of time and refrigerated. Simply make the batter, pour into the prepared moulds, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Bake just before serving. When the batter is cold the cakes may take a minute or two longer to bake.