Chicken and veggies combined in simple white sauce and cooked in baked potato bed!
Chicken and Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut peeled potato into round shaped thin slices. Boil potatoes in salted water for 10 min.
- Drain potato slices. Arrange it on the bottom and up the sides of a greased baking dish. Make sure you do not over crowd potato. Choose your baking dish accordingly.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Potatoes would be lightly brown by that time.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. In a pan, cook it with salt for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Cut carrot and broccoli. Add carrot, green peas and broccoli into the pan. Add garlic powder, oregano, white pepper and cayenne pepper. Adjust salt. Cook it until chicken and veggies are done.
- To prepare white sauce - In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in the salt and white pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add grated cheese and stir well.
- Once potatoes are baked, add chicken and veggies to the baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake another 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
1\. Don't overcrowd the baking dish with potato.