Quick, easy and delicious!! It is an Indian rice based dish with good flavor of veggies and spices. It goes well with pretty much every gravy based side dish. I usually serve it with chicken curry or paneer butter masala.
- Clean and drain the rice.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker or rice pan.
- Add spices - bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise. Saute it till you get the aroma of spices .
- Add ginger and garlic paste, garam masala and saute well for a minute.
- Add mixed veggies. I usually use carrot and frozen peas. Use vegetables of your choice. Saute veggies for 3 minutes.
- Then add drained rice. Saute it for another 3 minutes.
- Add water to it with enough salt. Mix it well. Cover and cook until rice is done. It would approximately take about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice onion and fry it in a separate pan. Sprinkle salt and bit sugar.
- Garnish pulao with the above fried onions, roasted cashew and raisins and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it with a side dish with gravy and raita :)