My hubby’s favorite one 🙂 Extremely moist and a very rich cake! It almost melts in your mouth. This cake has a thick sugary crust. It tastes superb even without the ganache. Adapted from nigella.com.
White chocolate ganache
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F.
- Chop butter and chocolate. Better if both are in room temperature. Powder the sugar.Please refer notes if you wanna use normal sugar instead of caster sugar.
- Combine butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in medium saucepan. To be safe, you can use a double boiler.
- Mix it well and stir over low heat, without boiling, until smooth.
- Let it cool down. It might take around 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Mix flour and baking powder. Whisk it in the above mixture.
- Add essence and eggs. Whisk it until batter is smooth.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pan, Cover the pan with aluminium foil and bake for about 1 hr or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- That's the cake. All ready.
- To prepare white chocolate ganache, make sure that chocolate is chopped into small pieces. I prefer to melt the chocolate for 30s in oven so that it gets mixed with cream easily.
- Bring cream to a boil in a small sauce pan. Pour over chocolate and stir with a spoon until chocolate melts completely. Cream and chocolate should get mixed well.
- Cover the bowl, refrigerate, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until ganache is of a spreadable consistency.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Spread the ganache over top and sides of cake. Wait for the ganache to set. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy 🙂
I have tried with 340g powdered normal sugar instead of caster sugar.
A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
I could make 18 medium cupcakes with this batter.