this is a good tiffin or breakfast dish. its quick to put together, and most of the ingredients are almost always on hand at home.
chilly green , slit lengthwise
onion , diced
potato small , cut into small cubes
tomato , diced
mixed frozen vegetables
chilly red powder
pav masala bhaji
coriander leaves fresh
- heat the ghee in a non stick vessel.
- when the ghee is hot, add the mustard seeds. when they splutter, add the cumin seeds.
- next add the green chilly and curry leaves and saute for a bit.
- add the diced onion and saute till translucent. add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- add the tomato, and a bit of salt. let the tomatoes sweat down a bit.
- add the red chilly powder and coriander powder. mix well till the spices lose their raw smell.
- add the cubed potato and mix well. cook covered on a low flame till the potatoes are just half done.
- next, add the frozen vegetables and pav bhaji masala and saute well till the spices smell cooked.
- add the vermicelli noodles and stir well to toast them nicely in the ghee.
- next, add 3 cups of water from a recently boiled kettle and let it come to the boil. add enough salt to season.
- cover and let simmer (lowest flame) till all the water is absorbed (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- when all the water is absorbed, turn off the heat and let it rest in the vessel itself for 5 minutes.
- garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves; serve with ketchup.