This is a simple dish but needs a lot of time for preparation. Also, if you don’t have cheese sauce then it becomes bit hard (although cheese sauce is easy to make). You can find the recipe of cheese sauce in my list.
Credit goes to BBC Good Food.
- Cut the sausages into small pieces.
- Saute them in a sauce pan with oil till they become slight brown. Care should be taken not to overcook them.
- Once brown add the passata and allow them to boil
- Simmer for 5 minutes after it boils. Keep it aside to cool
- Meanwhile take the pasta and boil it in water(quantity the way it is prescribed by the manufacturer). Do not forget to add some salt while boiling.
- Stop the pasta 2 minuted before the time as prescribed. if it was 15 minutes, then you should stop at 13.
- Like the way pastas are handled, drain all the water, but keeping 1.5 cups for later. Run cold water to remove the stickiness
- Mix the pasta in the cheese sauce and the old 1.5 cups of pasta broth. Ensure that the pasta in fully covered with cheese sauce. This is key.
- Now add the passata covered sauges into a wide microwavable bowl like the one shown in the picture.
- On top of it grate parmesan cheese till a thin layer if formed.
- Add some freshly grated nutmeg on top.
- Welt the spinach in hot water and add it on top
- Now add the pasta in cheese sause to the bowl as a layer of top. The pasta once its is spread in the bowl should look as if its nearly covered in cheese sauce.
- Add a thin layer of grated parmesan on top.
- Now keep this in a freezer frozen for a night.
- Take it out the next day and let it thaw in room temparature for nearly 8 hours. That means you can do this in the morning and cook at night.
- After the 8 hours preheat the oven to 180 celcius and keep the bowl for baking for nearly 45 minutes
- Check once in while to see if the pasta is turning golden brown.
- Take out and serve
Last updated on: