Chicken and broccoli cooked and sauteed in ginger garlic, pepper, and spices. This Indian Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is an easy and tasty side-dish with rice, roti, and any Indian bread. A quick recipe which you can make for a weekday dinner.
Broccoli is an excellent source of many vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. I’m not a broccoli lover. But I try to add it to our regular diet as much as possible. I had tried out Asian style chicken and broccoli couple of times here in Bay Area. It inspired me to try out this twisted Indian version. Partnering broccoli with chicken and the spices makes it the best 🙂 This dish has excellent nutritional values without compromising taste. You are definitely gonna love it 🙂
- Prepare Ingredients - Clean and cut chicken into small 1 inch bite-size pieces. Clean and cut broccoli into florets. Cut each floret into the half. Cut onion and capsicum into thin slices. Crush garlic and ginger well, or make it a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and salt. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add capsicum. Saute it well until onion turns light brownish color.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. Add oil as needed to fry the masala.
- Add chicken to the pan. Sprinkle salt. Mix it with the masala. Keep the flame in medium heat. Don't cover the pan. Stir it every 2 - 3 minutes. Otherwise, masala might get burnt.
- When chicken is no longer pink, add broccoli florets. Sprinkle salt. Mix it and saute it well. Keep it on medium flame. Give a stir every 2-3 minutes.
- Once broccoli is cooked, and water has evaporated, taste and add more salt if desired. Add chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves. Add 2 or more teaspoons of oil and stir it continuously. I like to saute it for another 5 minutes.
- You can make it further dry by sauteeing it for another 5 minutes or so in medium flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy with Rice, Roti or any Indian bread.
Last updated on: