Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
This is an easy peasy beef curry. To be frank, I always prepare it with the leftover beef from previous day. It is well flavored with potato, coconut milk and the spices.This goes well with bread, chapathi, pathiri and appam.
- Cook potato in a cooker upto 2 whistles.
- Finely slice onion and saute it by adding salt, green chilli, curry leaves and oil. Saute until it becomes light brown color.
- Grind garlic and ginger into a paste form and add it. Saute it well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and saute well. ** Beef should be cooked just with salt and turmeric powder. In case beef is cooked with masalas (leftover beef), remember to adjust the spices in the recipe.
- Add finely sliced tomato and saute till tomatoes are done.
- Peel cooked potato and cut into cube sized pieces. Mash half of the potatoes. The gravy gets thickened with this. Add potato to the onion tomato gravy.
- Add cooked beef to the above gravy.
- Add medium thick coconut milk to it. Bring to boil and leave it for around 5 minutes. Add finely sliced coriander leaves.
- Add thick coconut milk. Bring to boil and switch off once gravy is thickened.
- **Preparation of coconut milk - Grind 1 1/2 cup grated coconut with 1/2 cup luke warm water. 1/2 cup thick coconut milk can be extracted from this. Luke warm water helps you to extract coconut milk well.
- Grind the same coconut with 1 cup luke warm water. 1 cup medium thick coconut milk can be prepared from this.