This is a traditional Kerala snack. Bananas coated with flour and fried. It won’t taste the same with any banana other than Kerala banana / Nenthram pazham.
All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, salt and water in a dish. This should be a semi thick batter.
- Add turmeric powder to the batter to color a bit.
- Skin the bananas. Cut it into half and then slice each halfway into 3 or more to get the thin slices.
- Coat banana pieces with the prepared batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the coated banana pieces until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain the excess oil with kitchen towel / paper napkins.
- Serve it warm with tea 😀