Sauteed potatoes are quintessential to the English breakfast. This recipe is with a dash of tanginess
Potatoes , medium sized
- Brush the potatoes with a clean scrubber to remove soil
- Cut them in long diced slices such that its not too thin and not too thick
- Add them to a boiling vessel with salt and boil it. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes. The key here is to not boil it too much. just enough so that knife can pass through
- Pour some oil into a sauce pan. Add crushed garlic, 2 -3 small cut pieces of ginger.
- Allow it to heat. Add the potatoes to the sauce pan. The important point here is not to over crowd the sauce pan. Each potato piece should fall flat on the sauce pan
- Add a small piece of butter to the middle, a 1/4 cut of onion that is not sliced. The onion should be once piece. We are not going to saute the onions but just absorb the flavor.
- Once it picks heats add some fennel seeds and a bit of rosemary. Don't overdo the rosemary.
- Turn the potatoes upside down and continue till golden brown.