Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
I love to bake, but when I crave a chocolate cake and don’t have enough time to make one, I go for this microwave eggless chocolate mug cake which is ready in 5 minutes! This No Bake chocolate cake is moist and super easy to make.
For more chocolate cake recipes, check out
- No Bake Choco Marie Biscuit Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Mocha Chocolate Cake
- Molten Chocolate Cake
all purpose flour
unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tablespoon
- Whisk together the dry ingredients - all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, granulated sugar and salt in one medium bowl.
- Once it's mixed, whisk in the milk and vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined, and the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe mug. I used 12-ounce mug. Don't fill a mug more than half full. You have to give enough space for the cake to rise.
- Microwave mug cake for 70 seconds on high. It should be firm on the top and a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake shall come out clean. If it's not done, keep cooking it in 15-second bursts. All microwaves are different, so suggest to follow this step while microwaving the cake.
- Once done, remove the cake from the microwave. Enjoy!
- To make the mug cake, any microwaveable cup will work. It can be glass or ceramic.
- Don't fill the cake batter, more than half of the cup.