This is an easy peasy beef curry. To be frank, I always prepare it with the leftover beef from previous day. It is well flavored with potato, coconut milk and the spices.This goes well with bread, chapathi, pathiri and appam.
- Cook potato in a cooker upto 2 whistles.
- Finely slice onion and saute it by adding salt, green chilli, curry leaves and oil. Saute until it becomes light brown color.
- Grind garlic and ginger into a paste form and add it. Saute it well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and saute well. ** Beef should be cooked just with salt and turmeric powder. In case beef is cooked with masalas (leftover beef), remember to adjust the spices in the recipe.
- Add finely sliced tomato and saute till tomatoes are done.
- Peel cooked potato and cut into cube sized pieces. Mash half of the potatoes. The gravy gets thickened with this. Add potato to the onion tomato gravy.
- Add cooked beef to the above gravy.
- Add medium thick coconut milk to it. Bring to boil and leave it for around 5 minutes. Add finely sliced coriander leaves.
- Add thick coconut milk. Bring to boil and switch off once gravy is thickened.
- **Preparation of coconut milk - Grind 1 1/2 cup grated coconut with 1/2 cup luke warm water. 1/2 cup thick coconut milk can be extracted from this. Luke warm water helps you to extract coconut milk well.
- Grind the same coconut with 1 cup luke warm water. 1 cup medium thick coconut milk can be prepared from this.
Beef should be cooked just with salt and turmeric powder. In case beef is cooked with masalas (leftover beef), remember to adjust the spices in the recipe.