Cauliflower fried and sauted in spicy masala gravy!! It goes well with Roti or any other Indian bread or Pulao.
- Cut the caulifower into uniform medium size florets. Add them into salted luke warm water for around 10 minutes. It will help to kill the worms inside cauliflower. Clean it well and drain the florets.
- Marinate it with salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder (listed under marination). Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the cauliflower florets. I personally like caulifower when it is fried.
- Slice onions. Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, curry leaves and some salt. Salt absorbs moisture from onion and helps onion to get cooked fast. Saute it well until onions turn light brown. Crush ginger and garlic well. Add them and saute it well for 3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Add oil and saute it really well. Add chopped tomatoes and saute it. ** It is very important to roast the spices well until the raw smell goes.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, add 2 tbsp water to the gravy. Mix it. Then, add fried cauliflower florets and chopped coriander leaves.
- Adjust salt in the gravy. Cover and cook for around 10 minutes in low flame. Cauliflower gets well coated with masala.
- If you wish to have it drier, you can make it further dry by sauteeing it for another 5 minutes in medium flame. Serve it with Roti or any other Indian bread or Pulao. Enjoy :)