Chicken pieces deep fried with the ginger-garlic, chilly and curry leaves. A quick and tasty appetizer that can be done in no time! Inspired from Reeba's recipe with some tweaks.
- Clean and dice the chicken into small 1 inch bite-size pieces.
- Slit the green chilly length wise. Beat the egg well. Marinate chicken with the ingredients listed under marination and leave it aside for minimum 1 - 2 hours. Maximum results if it is left overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken pieces in batches. In every batch add curry leaves along with chicken pieces. Deep fry the chicken until it's done. It should take around 8 minutes per batch.
- Drain them in a kitchen towel.
- Serve it with freshly sliced onions and lemon wedges.
- I always start with frying single chicken piece to adjust the salt if required and then start the batches.
- Make sure chicken pieces are not overcooked. It makes it hard.