Spicy Nadan Pepper Roast recipe!! Mutton pieces cooked and roasted with pepper and spices. It tastes great along with porotta, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread
- Marinate the cleaned mutton pieces with the ingredients listed under marination. Keep it aside for 30 minutes. Pressure cook it up to 4-5 whistles or until mutton is done. It varies a bit based on the meat.
- Slice small onion. Slit green chilly lengthwise. Heat oil in a pan. Saute onion, green chilly, curry leaves and salt. Adding salt, helps the onion to get cooked fast.
- Grind ginger and garlic into a fine paste. Once onion turns brown, add ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
- Crush the whole black pepper. Add it along with turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and aniseeds powder. Saute well till the aromatics release the flavor.
- Add the cooked mutton. Adjust salt and add vinegar if you need more sourness.
- Cook for around 10 minutes or until the consistency you desire. It can be made as a dry or as a semi gravy. I made it as semi gravy.
- Enjoy with porotta, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread.
Never replace whole black pepper with pepper powder in this recipe.