Easy, spicy Kerala Style Mutton Curry that can be prepared in no time. It goes well with porotta, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread.
Mutton / Goat / Lamb
1 1/2 tbsps
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Slice small onion. In a pressure cooker, heat the oil. Add the small onion, curry leaves, salt and green chilly. Adding salt, helps the onion to get cooked fast. You can replace 1 cup of small onion with regular onion if needed.
- Saute the onions until it is lightly brown in color.
- Grind the ingredients listed under the Grind section in the ingredients list. Add 1 or 2 tbsp of water to grind it well. Add the grinded mixture and saute well in oil.
- Add 1 cup water and add sufficient salt. Add lime juice. Add cleaned mutton pieces and pressure cook until mutton is done. It usually takes around 4 - 5 whistles. Onion gets mashed into the gravy, by this time.
- Coriander leaves is optional. Add it only if you like the coriander leaves flavor. If you need more sourness for the curry, add sufficient vinegar.
- Cook it for 5 - 10 minutes or until gravy has desired consistency.
- Enjoy with porotta, any sort of rice variants ( ghee rice, pulao, normal rice) and any Indian bread.
Last updated on: