Traditional Punjabi dessert made with carrots and milk. It goes well with Vanilla ice cream.
1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add cashew nuts & fry it for a minute, remove from the pan & keep it aside.
- Add Raisins and fry it for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Add grated carrots, warm milk, sugar and slightly crushed cardamoms.
- Cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed. Don't cover it while cooking.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the gajjar halwa from heat and garnish it with fried cashews and raisins.
- ** Instead of fried cashews and raisins, you can garnish with almonds and pistachios as well.
Last updated on: