This is a simple recipe mostly needed as a precursor for other recipes like Pasta bake, broccoli in cheese sauce etc.
The key to this recipe is constant stirring. Stop the stirring and the flour gets stuck at the bottom. Use a whisk and never a spoon.
The sauce is so yummy that you’ll lick your finger way through.
Credit to videogug for this.
- 115 Grams Cheddar Cheese , Grated
- 600 Millilitres Milk
- 40 Grams Flour
- 40 Grams Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Add milk to the saucepan. Put on the flame in medium
- Now add butter and flour. Keep whisking till it boiling. Do not stop the whisking at any point.
- Once it simmers turn the heat down and keep on whisking for another 5 minutes. This will become a thick sauce
- Add the grated cheese, keep on whisking and then add the nutmeg, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk for another 5-6 minutes.
- Take the sauce. Add more salt if needed. Whisk and serve.