Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
This Indian chai is fav among a ton of my American friends. Every time I make this for someone, they look at me like an Illy barista. I feigned authority over this for a long time, but time to reveal the secret.
A lot of this has to do with tea the powder that is typically the same flavor as English breakfast. The Ceylon, Assamese and the Munnar versions are the best.
- Get the milk and water into a cup. ¼ cup milk and ¾ cup water. I’ve used whole milk.
- Pour to a saucepan and get it to boil.
- While that happens add the required amount of sugar. Adjust sugar as per your taste.
- Once its boils add the teapowder and stir in well
- Simmer the tea for 2-3 mins
- The sieve the tea-powder to a cup and serve