Adapted from joyofbaking, this biscotti is a revelation to me. My first attempt. It didn't turn out to be that great but I'd pat myself for the first attempt. My roomie finished one load in a day.
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 3 egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Get all the ingredients prepped
- Preheat the oven 350 F
- Add all the dry ingredients together.
- I missed adding sugar. Add in ¾ cup of sugar.
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Mix this to the dry ingredients with a spatula until it's a bowl.
- Get your hands in and roll it into a nice dough.
- Dust dry flour to your hands and table and roll the dough into log shapes.
- Move the logs to the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Straighten and punch it a bit to get an even shape
- Put it into the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Checking to see if it is hard on the top. Not yet. Another 5 more mins.
- Take it out and keep it to cool for 10-15 mins.
- Take it out of the sheet and on to a cutting board.
- Carefully cut it into the iconic elongated shapes.
- Lay them out again in the sheet as shown.
- Keep it in the oven for another 10 mins.
- After 10 mins flip it over.
- Flip it over to check and I think we are done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!