Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
Jackfruit seeds cooked with raw mango and coconut mix. This curry has a sour and lightly spicy flavor. One of the traditional Kerala delicacy! A great side dish to go with rice.It is a summertime favourite at my home.Recipe credits to my mom 🙂
- Remove white outer skin of jackfruit seeds and then lightly scrape the inner brown skin. You need not remove the brown skin completely. Chop it lengthwise and clean the seeds well.
- In a pressure cooker, add the jackfruit seeds, salt, turmeric powder and around 1 cup water. Water should be at the same level as the seeds. Cook it until it is done. It might take around 4-5 whistles. I like to mash the cooked seeds. It's totally up to you, how you want it.
- Chop the raw mango into small pieces. Add mango, chilly powder and salt into the same cooker. Add water if needed. Cover it with a lid and cook until mangoes are done. It would take around 15 - 20 min.
- Grind the ingredients listed under coconut mix. Grinding with lukewarm water, help to grind it into a fine paste. Add the mix to the cooker and let it boil. Adjust salt. Based on the desired consistency, add water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add curry leaves and dried red chilly. Use it for seasoning. This is a great side dish with rice. Enjoy 🙂