Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
This recipe is perhaps the biggest surprise I’ve had to chicken. Without any doubts this will top my list of the most delectable, easy and healthy chicken recipes of all time.
It wasn’t a simple decision to try this though. Glancing through Priya’s recipe the very thought of spending time cooking a chicken without ABSOLUTELY no spices scared me. The only I reason went ahead was to accommodate my low spice tolerant teamie Aqeel. And boy, was I happy for the first time to be wrong.
And the bigger problem is I just can’t explain how such few ingredients can infuse so much taste. This also goes into my list of recipes to go with beer or drinks.
If you are looking for chicken curry recipe with thinner gravy or without coconut, check chicken curry.
- Dice the onions into half of a quarter like you'd do for chilly chicken.
- Into a saucepan or skillet (preferably a non stick), add some vegetable oil, heat it and sautee the onions until gold brown.
- Add the boneless chicken and mix it up.
- Leave it in medium to high heat to evaporate the water.
- Once you feel the water's all gone, add some vegetable oil and stir up until its brown.
- Once brown add water till the chicken just submerges. Or maybe a little bit more.
- Leave it to boil in medium to high heat. This will happen in 5-10 minutes.
- To the boiling water add the diced tomatoes, ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Mix it up and leave it on slightly lower heat.
- In another 5-8 minutes when you a semi gravy, you are done.
- You're welcome.