Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
Rice based Spanish One Pot meal with meat, seafood and veggies. This is specially dedicated for non-veg lovers 🙂
1 1/2 lb
Chorizo sausage Spanish
saffron thread (optional)
Spice Mix for chicken
1 1/2 tsps
- Cut chicken into small pieces. Mix the ingredients listed under spice mix. Rub it all over the chicken and marinate chicken for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Clean, peel and de-vein the shrimp. Keep it aside.
- Cut sausage into thick slices. Heat olive oil in a paella pan or a wide shallow pan. Saute the chorizo until browned, remove and reserve.
- Add chicken into the same pan and brown all the sides. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Dice onion and bell pepper. In the same pan, saute onion and bell pepper in medium heat for around 5 minutes. Add oil if needed.
- Crush garlic. Chop parsley leaves. Add garlic, paprika, parsley leaves and bay leaf. Saute for couple of minutes.
- Dice and mash tomatoes. Add it and cook it until tomatoes are done.
- Add rice and stir-fry to coat the grains. Add water and stock. Adjust salt. Simmer it for 10 minutes. Add chicken, sausage and saffron threads. Add shrimp tucking them into rice.
- Cook it until shrimp is done and rice is fluffy and moist. Don't stir. Garnish with parsley leaves. Enjoy 🙂
I used Basmati rice instead of Spanish rice. You can also add clams and Lobster tails along with shrimp. Since the dish's already an overload of meat and seafood, I didn't add those. It will definitely