A crispy snack and a wonderful starter for any special occasion!!
- 500 grams Paneer
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 4 Onion (medium)
- 7 Green chilli
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 ½ tbsps garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ tbsps ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon aniseed powder(optional)
- 1 ½ tsps garam masala
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 3 numbers potato (medium)
- 4 tbsps Cornflour
- 1 ½ cups Bread crumb
- Vegetable Oil
- Crush green chillies in a chopper/mixi. Slice onions. Mince ginger-garlic into really small pieces or crush it well.
- Saute onion, green chilli and curry leaves. Add salt to soften onion fast.
- While it get sauted, cook potatoes in a separate pan or cooker. If you are using cooker, switch it off after 2 whistles or until it is done.
- Once onion turns light brown, add ginger-garlic mixture to it.
- Once it is sauted well, add aniseeds, garam masala and pepper. If you don't have aniseeds powder, it is okai to leave it.
- Cut paneer into small cubes and then crumble it by hand. ** Do not make it into a paste.
- Add crumbled paneer into above mixture and mix well. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Turn it off and allow the mixture to cool a bit.
- Meanwhile, mash the cooked potatoes well.
- Add paneer mixture to mashed potatoes. Mix it well.
- Make round balls and roll it into oval or other desired shapes.
- Mix cornflour in ½ to ¾ cup water to make a thick solution.
- Dip each cutlet in cornflour solution and then roll it with bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry in oil until they are golden brown.
- You will get around 25 medium sized cutlets with this measurement. Serve it with tomato sauce. Enjoy 🙂
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!