Quite simple recipe and a yummy side dish with rice!! It is the best if mango is ripe and bit sour. Recipe adapted from my friend Ammu.
- 1 number mango ripe
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 2 numbers red chilli dried
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Wash, clean and roughly cut all the flesh from the mango, scraping as much as you can. Chop it into small pieces.
- Mix it with chilly powder, turmeric powder and enough salt. Cook it until mango is done. It usually take upto 2-3 whistles.
- Mash the cooked mango pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add curry leaves and dried red chilly.
- Add it to the curry and mix well.
Ripe and bit sour mango gives best results.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!