Boiled eggs wrapped in cutlet mix. A delicious snack!! Instead of cutlet mix, you can use sausage meat as well. Best way to make up a snack if you have left over cutlet mix.
- 5 Quail Egg
- 200 Grams Chicken Boneless
- ¼ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Onion
- 2 Chilly Green
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 Egg
- Bread Crumbs
- All Purpose Flour
- Put the 5 quail eggs into a pan of water and bring to the boil.
- Boil for around 5 minutes, then transfer to a bowl of cold water. Once cooled, carefully peel them. It will be a little runny in the middle. If you like a harder boiled centre, boil them for an extra couple of minutes.
- I used left over chicken cutlet mix to wrap the boiled eggs. Please refer first 7 steps of chicken cutlet to prepare cutlet mix. Instead of cutlet mix, you can use sausage meat as well.
- Have 3 plates ready - one with flour, one with the beaten eggs and a third one with the breadcrumbs.
- To make the Scotch eggs, flatten cutlet mix into an oval-shaped pattie. Roll a peeled egg in flour, then pop it in the middle of the pattie. Gently shape the meat mix evenly around the egg, moulding it with your hands.
- Roll the meat-wrapped egg in the flour, shake off any excess, then dip into the beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan. Shallow fry the eggs. Enjoy the scotch eggs with some tomato sauce 🙂
You can also use regular eggs instead of quail eggs. Use a half boiled regular egg to replace 1 quail egg.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!