Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
This cake is wonderfully rich, moist and buttery with a lovely golden brown crust. The name ‘pound’ was given to this cake because the original recipes contained one pound of butter, one pound of sugar, one pound of eggs, and one pound of flour. The best part of the pound cake is the simplicity of the recipe and a delicious outcome!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees / 350 Fahrenheit. Butter the baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper or butter paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients maida and baking powder either in a mixi or with electric mixer and keep it aside.
- Make sure that butter is at room temperature. Cut it into square pieces, so that it get mixed soon. Cream butter first using an electric mixer or stand mixer until it is fluffy. Powder the sugar. Add powdered sugar into the same bowl. Blend it well until it is light and fluffy.
- Separate out yellow and white part of egg. Whisk yellow part of the egg and mix it with Step 3 mixture.
- Add Step 2 mixture into the above one slowly and blend it well.
- Add luke warm milk to the above batter and mix it well.
- Whisk white part of the egg well and mix it with the above batter.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- ** If you find the cake browning too much as it bakes, cover with a piece of lightly buttered aluminum foil after about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂