Chicken pieces deep fried with the ginger-garlic, chilly and curry leaves. A quick and tasty appetizer that can be done in no time! Inspired from Reeba's recipe with some tweaks.
- ½ kg boneless chicken
- 3 sprig curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tsps coriander powder
- 2 ½ tsps chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tbsps corn flour
- 1 number egg
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 drops red color( optional)
- 6 green chilly
- Clean and dice the chicken into small 1 inch bite-size pieces.
- Slit the green chilly length wise. Beat the egg well. Marinate chicken with the ingredients listed under marination and leave it aside for minimum 1 - 2 hours. Maximum results if it is left overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken pieces in batches. In every batch add curry leaves along with chicken pieces. Deep fry the chicken until it's done. It should take around 8 minutes per batch.
- Drain them in a kitchen towel.
- Serve it with freshly sliced onions and lemon wedges.
- I always start with frying single chicken piece to adjust the salt if required and then start the batches.
- Make sure chicken pieces are not overcooked. It makes it hard.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!