One of the easiest dessert recipe out there for summer. Panna cotta is an Italian pudding of sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and molded. Adding mango flavor to the authentic recipe, make it a heaven.
2 1/4 teaspoons
- Get the ingredients ready - Heavy whipping cream, gelatin and vanilla
- Prepare vanilla portion - Take the gelatin and add it to 2 tablespoons of water. Keep it aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a thick bottomed vessel and add the sugar into it while heating. Whisk continuously. Taste it and add sugar as required.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Ensure the sugar is dissolved, add the vanilla essence and whisk it. Add the gelatin into this and whisk it till it dissolves. Switch off the flame.
- Arrange the dessert cups. Making diagonally layered desserts is incredibly easy. To rest my glasses, I used a cupcake tray. Then I pop them in and make sure they’re not going anywhere. Try to get them at the same angle. You can also, line the tray with a tea towel to stop the glasses from shifting. You can also arrange it in layers, vanilla and then mango layer.
- Prepare Mango puree - Soak the gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water for 15 minutes or more.
- Make sure that you have picked up ripe and sweet mango. Alphonso mango would be the best choice. Peel and roughly chop the mango flesh. Grind it in the large jar of a mixie/blender adding 1/4 cup water along with sugar. Taste mango and add sugar accordingly.
- In a thick bottom pan, heat mango pulp. Add soaked gelatin until it dissolves. Whisk continuously. Once gelatin is dissolved, switch it off .
- Pour prepared mango puree to the dessert cups evenly. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hrs or until set.
- Garnish with chopped mangoes or fresh cream. Enjoy 🙂