Fish steaks marinated with spices and then shallow fried. A very common dish at a South Indian home. It's an easy and a great appetizer and also goes well with rice. You can use King Fish, Seer Fish, Pomfret, Malabar Travelly, Salmon and Tilapia.
For more Kerala fish recipes, check out
- ½ kg fish (4-5 steak)
- coconut oil
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- Clean fish pieces and pat dry using a kitchen towel. Based on the kind of fish, cut the pieces accordingly. Make shallow cut marks on both sides of fish.
- Mix / grind the ingredients listed under marination. Add curry leaves as it is.
- Marinate fish with the masala and curry leaves. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a flat pan. Shallow fry the fish pieces for 3 minutes on both sides or until done. Fry it over medium flame. Serve it with onion rings and lemon. Enjoy 🙂