Author: Jane Jojo Updated on:
A quite simple chicken shallow fry with dried red chilli, ginger-garlic and vinegar. I prepared it on Super Bowl Day! Inspired from Ammu’s Chicken fry. Thanks Ammu for introducing it to us 🙂
red chilli Dried
ginger (1" piece)
coconut oil / vegetable oil /
- Clean and dice the chicken into small 1 inch bite-size pieces.
- Grind dried red chilli, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, vinegar and salt in a mixer.
- Slice shallot or add it to the mixer at the end and just pulse it. I don't prefer to grind shallot completely.
- Marinate chicken with the above ground chilli mix and shallots. Keep it aside for 2 - 4 hrs in the refrigerator.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add marinated chicken and curry leaves. Cook it on low-medium flame for 10 - 15 minutes. Stir it in between. Chicken gets cooked by this time.
- Adjust salt if needed. Add extra vinegar if you want to make it sourer. Add 3-4 tbsp oil and shallow fry/ roast chicken in medium flame until it gets the brownish texture. It might take around 15 - 20 minutes. Shallots, garlic and ginger, gets roasted well along with the chicken.
- Serve it with some freshly sliced onions. Enjoy 🙂
I used boneless chicken for this recipe. It should also work out with chicken with bone.