Quite easy and delicious authentic Kerala dish! Tapioca cooked, mashed and combined with beef, meat masala and fried coconut. Adapted from mariasmenu.com.
For more biriyani recipes, check out
shallot / small onion
- Cut tapioca into small pieces. Cook tapioca with salt, turmeric powder and water. Add enough water so that tapioca is completed soaked in water. Cook until it becomes soft.
- Drain off the water completely. Mash tapioca a bit and keep it aside.
- Slice the onion. Marinate beef with onion and other ingredients listed under Beef preparation. Cook marinated beef until tender. In pressure cooker it might take around 3 whistles. Add mashed tapioca to beef and mix well.
- Fry coconut with chilli powder and coriander powder. Grind the mixture once it cools down and add it to beef and tapioca mix. Mix it well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds. Fry curry leaves and small onions. Garnish tapioca beef mix with the prepared seasoning. Enjoy 🙂